Designed in conformance with the Small Form Factor Pluggable 20-pin Multi-Source Agreement (MSA), Ethernet OAM Smart SFP™ provides Operations, Administration and Maintenance (OAM) tools for Service Activation Test and Service Level Assurance in Carrier Ethernet network.
Ethernet OAM Smart SFP™ uses standardized protocols and tools to monitor and troubleshoot a network:
- Physical layer monitoring via remote digital diagnostics and Link OAM
- Service Assurance using Ethernet OAM, Y.1731
- Service Activation Test for Y.1564 and RFC2544
- Service Creation and demarcation with VLAN tag2
The integration of TSoP into an SFP greatly reduces system and network complexity and offers a lower carbon footprint while generating CAPEX & OPEX savings. An API and SNMP MIBs are available to facilitate the integration in existing equipment and management systems. This management interface allows for the configuration and monitoring of relevant parameters. The Smart SFP transceivers are designed in conformance with the Small Form Factor Pluggable 20-pin Multi-Source Agreement (MSA).
- Gigabit Ethernet network demarcation
- End-to-end service assurance
- Link and Service OAM (CFM and Y.1731)
- Service Activation Test loopback (Y.1564)
- Very compact size
- Low carbon footprint – Green solution
- Overall cost reduction